Association with Several Low-Rated Processors
Appstar Financial is a U.S.-based merchant account provider that primarily targets its services to small and mid-sized businesses. Although we have not been able to verify it independently, Appstar Financial may be under the same ownership, or affiliated with, the following companies (as indicated by third-party reviews and information): Apex Merchant Group, Eliot Management Group, Trans Tech Merchant Group, Summit Merchant Solutions, First American Payment Systems, Merimac, and Certified Payment Processing.
Location and Ownership
AppStar Financial is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati, Ohio, with corporate headquarters located at 4619 Viewridge Ave., Ste. C, San Diego, California 92123. Mark Leibowitz is listed as the founder and CEO of Appstar Financial. AppStar Financial shares this address and ownership with the now-defunct Amazon Processing LLC. Mr. Leibowitz founded Amazon Processing in 2002, which became AppStar Financial according to their management team page.
Appstar Financial Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Appstar Financial appears to offer a three-year contract with a $495 early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Appstar Financial has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Appstar Financial has an “A+” rating and has received 53 complaints and 30 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2002.
- Sales & Marketing: Appstar Financial appears to hire independently contracted agents and has received a high volume of complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Appstar Financial