Payment Processing for Invoice-Based Industries
BillingTree is a merchant account provider that specializes in merchant services aimed at businesses in the healthcare, collections, finance, B2B, energy, and automotive industries. The company was founded in 2003 and also operates under the name “Electronic Payment Providers, Inc.”. BillingTree also prides its business on a client-focused approach that tailors its payment processing services to the unique needs of a merchant. BillingTree allows merchants to accept payments through ACH, credit and debit, e-commerce, online invoicing, and text payments, depending on which optimizes efficiency for each merchant.
The company offers merchants Payzr, its proprietary payment gateway and virtual terminal service. Payzr is HIPAA, SSAE, and PCI-compliant, ensuring security and protection of both the company and the customer. It is also the anchor of the Payzr portfolio of products, which also includes Payzr Virtual Terminal, Payzr IVR, Payzr Portal, and Payzr Portal Plus.
In 2018 BillingTree acquired Ohio-based Internet Payment Exchange (IPayX). IPayX’s website is no longer is in service and now forwards to BillingTree’s Payrazr product platform, indicating a possible scale down of the brand.
Acquired by Repay
In May 2021, it was announced that BillingTree would be purchased by Repay Holdings Corporation, a vertical integration payment solutions company. The purchase is for $503 million, and it appears at this time that BillingTree will maintain its own brand, though we will know more at the time of our next update.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona
BillingTree Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: BillingTree appears to offer variable contract terms that depend on each merchant’s business type and processing history.
- Complaints & Service: BillingTree has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: BillingTree has an “A+” rating and has received 0 complaints and 0 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2013.
- Sales & Marketing: BillingTree does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With BillingTree