Conversion Payment Systems Overview
An Apparent DBA of Eschelon Merchant Services
Conversion Payment Systems is a merchant account provider lacking much publicly accessible information. Upon researching the company, it appears that it may operate as another DBA of Eschelon Merchant Services, as may also be the case with PassThru Pay and Wholesale Conversion Payment. This determination has been made due to the fact that the language used on each company’s website is identical in certain sections. Each DBA offers a different focus to its approach to merchant services.
Conversion Payment Systems offers 2 distinctly different types of merchant accounts. The first is a conventional merchant account which uses interchange-plus pricing, the latter is one which utilizes a cash discount program. Interchange pricing is the most transparent pricing structure available in the merchant services industry. This type of pricing is desirable because it relies upon pre-determined rates set by debit cards, allowing merchants to understand the mark up being applied to their rates. Consequently, interchange-plus pricing models are the most desirable option for merchants. Cash discount programs differ in that they divert the cost of a transaction to customers not paying in cash. This is done by adding a fixed percentage to the price of all goods in a store but waives the cost for customers paying in cash. Although this alleviates merchants from the cost of payment processing, its impact on the customer can have an undesirable effect on a merchant’s overall sales. Cash discount programs should not be confused with surcharge-based zero fee processing programs.
In addition to its in-store, e-commerce, and mobile payment processing, the Conversion Payment System websites advertise other services. The company also provides loyalty/gift card processing, Apple Pay integration, and payment processing for events.
Conversion Payment Systems Location and Ownership
Conversion Payment Systems is an ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank in Cincinnati, Ohio. The company’s website does not make mention of its ownership or executive leadership not does it list an address, adding to questions surrounding the company.
Conversation Payment Systems Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Conversion Payment Systems does not disclose the duration of its contract terms or its fees. The company does clearly advertise that it offers merchants interchange-plus pricing.
- Complaints & Service: Conversion Payment Systems has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Conversion Payment Systems does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Sales & Marketing: Conversion Payment Systems hires independent sales agents but there are no public complaints about its ISO/ISA program.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Conversion Payment Systems.
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.