Global Processing Solutions
EVO Payments International, also known as EVO Merchant Services, is a U.S.-based merchant services provider that serves merchants domestically, in Canada, South and Central America, and in Europe. Reports show that the company was started as a small ISO in 1989 and has grown into one of the larger non-bank merchant account providers in the United States today, evidenced in part by its acquisition of PowerPay in 2012 and its acquisition of Sterling Payment Technologies in 2017. Other acquisitions include ClearOne, Way2Pay, SF Systems, Delego, Pago Fácil, Encore Group, Intelligent Payments Group, Anderson Zaks, parts of SF Systems, and even parts of Citigroup.
EVO Payments Payment Processing
EVO Payments primarily offers electronic payment processing services and products, processing most major debit and credit cards. They claim to offer payments in over 150 currencies and their services include EMV swipers, access to payment gateways, marketing services, data reporting and analytics, gift and loyalty programs, cash advances, and, particularly, cross-border payments.
Headquarters and Ownership
The company has various offices located throughout the nation but its North American headquarters is based located at 515 Broadhollow Road, Melville, New York. EVO Payments International is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA; and Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, New York. The company’s chairman and founder is Ray Sidhom, and its CEO is James G. Kelly.
EVO Payments International Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: EVO Payments International offers a multi-year contract with an early termination fee of up to $500.
- Complaints & Service: EVO Payments International has received more than 150 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: EVO Payments International has an “A-” rating and has received 262 complaints and 66 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2017.
- Sales & Marketing: EVO Payments International hires independent sales agents and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With EVO Payments International