Formerly Known as “FastTransact”
Founded in 2002, FrontStream Payments is a merchant account provider that serves most standard-risk business types. FrontStream Payments originally operated as an independent e-commerce payment processor called FastTransact until it was acquired by “FrontStream” in 2010. Between 2010 and 2018, FastTransact’s products and services were sold under the FrontStream name. In May 2018, FrontStream was acquired by Marlin Equity Partners, and FastTransact was again spun off into an independent brand. Since then, however, FrontStream appears to have rebranded FastTransact as “FrontStream Payments”, and the company operates as a separate division focused on non-profit merchant accounts. In January 2021, FrontStream Payments integrated its disbursement services with Salesforce.org Philanthropy Cloud.
FrontStream Payments Operations
FrontStream Payments appears to be a reseller of Chase Paymentech, Elavon, First Data, and TSYS. The company claims to serve over 10,000 merchants and process over $2.5 billion dollars per year. FrontStream was known to have once operated under the name of Direct Technology Innovations (DTI), but FrontStream Payments does not appear to have any connection to this brand.
FrontStream Payments Location and Ownership
FrontStream Payments lists its address at 11480 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 300, Reston, Virginia 20191 and is a registered ISO/MSP of Esquire Bank N.A., Jericho, NY, Elavon, Inc, GA, Citizen Bank N.A., Providence, RI, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA, and Peoples Trust Company, Vancouver, Canada. Chris Broderick is listed as the CEO of FrontStream.
FrontStream Payments Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: FrontStream Payments offers variable contract terms through multiple banking partners. The company utilizes First Daya’s Payeezy gateway for e-commerce transactions
- Complaints & Service: FrontStream Payments has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: FrontStream Payments currently has an “F” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received three complaints in the last three years.
- Sales & Marketing: FrontStream Payments hires independent sales agents but has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With FrontStream Payments