Company No Longer Operating
As of this review, Merchant Club of America appears to have ceased operations. Its website is no longer active, however its social media profiles are still up (though no longer updated). We will leave this review up as an account of the company’s previous history.
Founded By Payment Systems Corporation Veterans
Founded in 2014, Merchant Club of America is a merchant account provider that specializes in processing payments and providing security products for standard-risk businesses within the U.S. The company is owned and operated by former employees of Payment Systems Corporation, one of the worst-rated merchant accounts on CPO. Merchant Club of America does not publicly list its back end processor, but Payment Systems Corporation was a reseller of First Data. Merchant Club of America also does not list its acquiring bank, but Payment Systems Corporation was sponsored by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California.
Merchant Club of America Location and Ownership
The Merchant Club of America website lists an address at 500 N. Central Expressway, Suite 110, Plano, Texas 75074, USA, but the company’s filing with the California Secretary of State provides an address at 114 Pacifica, Suite #230 Irvine, California 92618.
Zaven Tootikian, the former president of Payment Systems Corporation, is the founder of Merchant Club of America; Joe Martin, the former general manager at Payment Systems Corporation, is a business partner at Merchant Club of America; and Mathryn Eversole, the former vice president of underwriting at Payment Systems Corporation, is the vice president of business development at Merchant Club of America.
Merchant Club of America Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Merchant Club of America appears to offer a multi-year contract with an associated credit card equipment lease.
- Complaints & Service: Merchant Club of America has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Merchant Club of America has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 2 complaints and 3 reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Merchant Club of America appears to hire independent sales agents and has received a handful of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Merchant Club of America