A Restaurant Merchant Services Provider
Upserve is a merchant account, point-of-sale, and marketing services provider for U.S. restaurants. The company was launched in 2009 and rebranded itself as Upserve in March 2016. It also acquired Breadcrumb POS in May 2016 and the restaurant inventory management software SimpleOrder in 2018. In April 2019, Upserve announced the appointment of Kendra Tucker as its Chief Revenue Officer. Tucker had previously been employed as the Director of Go-to-Market at Vista Consulting Group, a subsidiary of Vista Equity Partners, which holds a managing stake in Upserve.
Upserve Location and Ownership
Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, Upserve now requires merchants to use its payment processing service in order to have access to its robust data analytics features. Upserve is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., in Concord, California, and is located at 10 Dorrance St, Providence, Rhode Island 02903. Sheryl Hoskins is listed as the CEO of Upserve.
Upserve Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Upserve offers three plans. Their Core ($59/month), Pro ($199.00/month), and Pro Plus Plans ($359/month) each charge a transaction fee of $2.49 plus $0.15 across each plan.
- Complaints & Service: Upserve has received approximately 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Upserve has an “A+” rating and has received 11 complaints and 76 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2010.
- Sales & Marketing: Upserve does not appear to hire independent sales representatives and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Upserve