Previously Known as Payment Data Systems
Formerly known as Payment Data Systems and founded in 1998 under the name Billserv, Usio is a merchant account provider for e-commerce and retail merchants as well as non-profit organizations. The company acquired Singular Payments in September 2017. Usio appears to resell the merchant services of Merrick Bank.
Usio Location and Ownership
Usio is headquartered at 3611 Paesanos Pkwy #300, San Antonio, Texas 78231. The company is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank N.A., Walnut Creek, California, and Central Bank of St. Louis, Clayton, Missouri. Louis Hoch is listed as the vice chairman, president, CEO, and co-founder of Usio.
Usio Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Payment Data Systems offers a 3-year contract through Merrick Bank with an early termination fee of more than $350.
- Complaints & Service: Usio has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Usio (as Payment Data Systems) has an “A+” rating and has received 0 complaints in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2011.
- Sales & Marketing: Usio does not appear to hire independent sales representatives and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Usio.