An iPad POS System and Platform
Revel Systems is a point-of-sale (POS) system provider that offers software and hardware for the iPad. Based in San Francisco, California, Revel offers custom POS solutions for the service, entertainment, restaurant, grocery, and retail industries. Revel initially partnered with PayPal, First Data, Worldpay, Newtek, Adyen, Moneris, QuickBooks Payments, Tyro, and Quest Payment Systems as its integrated merchant account providers, but the company has recently started offering merchant accounts through Revel Advantage, its own bundled POS and payments service.
Revel Point of Sale
The Revel point-of-sale system offers just about every hardware option in the industry, including standards such as tablets, swipers, and cash drawers, but also fulfills more specific merchant needs such as kiosks, printers, barcode scanners, network solutions, diagnostic hardware, kitchen screens, bumpbars, caller-ID displays, and scales. POS features offered by Revel include custom user access, social media integration, split bills, payment encryption, WiFi management, gift and loyalty programs, delivery tracking, sales reporting, mobile device management, payroll services, bar tab management, online ordering, and PCI compliance. Revel also claims that its software can be paired with over 95% of credit card processors through the USAePay payment gateway.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California
Revel Systems was founded in 2010 and is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati, Ohio, and a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, Concord, CA. The company maintains its headquarters at 575 Market Street Suite #2200, San Francisco, CA 94105. Greg Dukat is the CEO and Lisa Falzone is the founder of Revel Systems.
Revel Systems Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Revel Systems offers a three-year agreement with a flat fee and otherwise variable contract terms. The company also charges a software fee of at least $99 and an installation fee beginning at $649.
- Complaints & Service: Revel Systems has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Revel Systems currently has an “A-” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 12 complaints and 9 reviews in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Revel Systems does not appear to hire independent sales representatives, but it has received a low-to-moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Revel Systems