A Rapidly Growing Payment Processor
Launched in 2005, Priority Payment Systems is a merchant account provider headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. In January 2013 it partnered with TSYS for its payment processing services, and in 2014 it merged with Cynergy Data, creating Priority Holdings, LLC. In July 2015 the company acquired credit card processor American Credit Card Processing Corporation (‘ACCPC’). Most recently, Priority Holdings merged with M I Acquisitions, Inc., and the combined entity was renamed Priority Technology Holdings, Inc.
Priority Payment Systems offers an integrated payment processing solution called MX Merchant that allows its users to process all forms of electronic payment from a single platform. MX Merchant is customizable to individual merchant needs and includes a virtual terminal, recurring billing, invoicing, and business analysis tools. The service also offers an iPhone-only mobile app and an iPad-based POS system, meaning that Android users should look elsewhere for their retail and mobile processing needs. Though developed by Priority Payment Systems, merchants may come across MX Merchant through a variety of payment processors, as the company primarily allows its reseller partnerships to market and sell the service.
Location and Ownership
Priority Payment Systems is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank N.A., Concord, CA; Synovus Bank, Columbus, GA; Citizens Bank, N.A., Providence, RI; Axiom Bank, N.A., Maitland, FL; and PB&T Bank, Pueblo, CO. Currently the Better Business Bureau lists Thomas Priore as CEO of Priority Payment Systems. John Priore was previously listed as president and CEO. Priority Payment Systems is located at 2001 Westside Pkwy Ste 155, Alpharetta, Georgia 30004-8905.
Priority Payment Systems Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Priority Payment Systems offers variable contract terms that typically include an early termination fee.The company relies on the Payeezy payment gateway for e-commerce services.
- Complaints & Service: Priority Payment Systems has received more than 50 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Priority Payment Systems has an “A+” rating and has received 28 complaints and 5 reviews in the past three years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2012.
- Sales & Marketing: Priority Payment Systems hires independent sales agents and has received a low-to-moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Priority Payment Systems