UPDATE 3/1/2019: United Payment Services was acquired by Direct Connect Holdings in April 2017. United Payment Services no longer appears to be an active business name, and the United Payment Services website currently redirects to the Direct Connect Holdings website. We will therefore no longer update this review, and we plan to publish a review of Direct Connect Holdings in the near future.
Founded in 1998, United Payment Services (unitedpaymentservices.com) is a Newbury Park, California-based merchant account provider that serves most standard-risk business types in the United States. The company is a reseller of First Data products and services and was acquired by Direct Holdings, LLC, in January 2017. Scott Rosen is the president of United Payment Services, which is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California. The United Payment Services website does not provide an address for the company, but the Better Business Bureau gives a location at 3537 Old Conejo Rd #113, Newbury Park, California 91320, while Google lists the company at 31186 La Baya Dr, Westlake Village, California 91362.
- Sales & Marketing: United Payment Services appears to hire independently contracted agents and has received a low-to-moderate number of complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: United Payment Services appears to offer a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $399.
- Complaints & Service: United Payment Services has received more than 50 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: United Payment Services has an “A-” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received seven complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With United Payment Services