An Android-Based POS System for Restaurants
Launched in 2013, Toast is a cloud-based POS system for Android tablets. Toast is specifically designed merchant accounts in the restaurant industry and is built to be an all-in-one solution with integrated hardware and software for foodservice merchants. To this end, the company offers a bundled credit card processing service and cannot be paired with a third-party restaurant-focused payment processor, although the company will match a merchant’s existing rates.
Toast POS Location and Ownership
Toast does not prominently disclose its back end processor on its website, stating only that the company is partnered with “one of the top 3 credit card processors in the U.S.” Chris Comparato is the CEO of Toast, which is headquartered at 401 Park Drive, Suite 801, Boston, Massachusetts 02215.
Toast POS Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Toast POS offers variable monthly fees and a fixed per-transaction rates depending on each merchant’s business type and processing history.
- Complaints & Service: Toast POS has received more than 50 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Toast POS has a “B” rating and has received 33 complaints and 33 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2016.
- Sales & Marketing: Toast POS does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Toast POS