Offering Merchant Services Since 2004
Established in 2004, National Merchants Association is a merchant account provider that operates under a membership group structure based in Temecula, California. The company offers membership terms through Merrick Bank, Commercial Bank or California, and itself. The company often markets itself as a “merchant advocacy group,” which may give some merchants the impression that it is a non-profit organization or a third-party entity. However, it is a for-profit credit card processor. There is some evidence that the company is an ISO of Global Payments and First Data.
Headquarters and Ownership
National Merchants Association is headquartered at 43620 Ridge Park Dr Ste 310, Temecula, California 92590-5520 and is a registered ISO/MSP of Commercial Bank of California, Los Angeles, California; and Citizens Bank, N.A. Heather Altepeter is listed as the CEO of National Merchants Association.
National Merchants Association Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: National Merchants Association appears to offer variable contract terms that may include a multi-year commitment with an early termination fee of $395 or more.
- Complaints & Service: National Merchants Association has received more than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: National Merchants Association has an “A+” rating and has received 4 complaints and 4 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the BBB since 2013.
- Sales & Marketing: National Merchants Association hires independent sales representatives and has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With National Merchants Association