Offering Merchant Services Since 2004
Established in 2004, National Merchants Association is a merchant account provider that operates under a membership group structure based in Temecula, California, though it appears they are now also operating out of Las Vegas, Nevada. The company offers membership terms through Merrick Bank, Commercial Bank of California, and itself. The company often markets itself as a “merchant advocacy group,” which may give some merchants the impression that it is a non-profit organization or a third-party entity. However, it is a for-profit credit card processor. There is some evidence that the company is an ISO of Global Payments and First Data (now Fiserv).
Headquarters and Ownership
National Merchants Association formerly listed its address as 43620 Ridge Park Dr Ste 310, Temecula, California 92590-5520, though its website now gives 10100 W Charleston Blvd, Ste 210, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89135. It is a registered ISO/MSP of Evolve Bank & Trust, Memphis, Tennessee; Commercial Bank of California, Los Angeles, California; Synovus Bank, Columbus, Georgia; and Synovus Bank, Columbus, Georgia. Heather Altepeter is listed as the CEO of National Merchants Association.
National Merchants Association Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: National Merchants Association appears to offer variable contract terms that may include a multi-year commitment with an early termination fee of $395 or more.
- Complaints & Service: National Merchants Association has received more than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: NMA currently is showing a nearly empty BBB profile with no rating. National Merchants Association previously held an “A+” rating and had received 4 complaints and 4 reviews in the past 3 years. The company was formerly accredited by the BBB since 2013.
- Sales & Marketing: National Merchants Association hires independent sales representatives and has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With National Merchants Association