Commercial and Government Fleet Cards
Founded in 1983 as “Wright Express Corporation”, Wex Inc. is a merchant account provider that primarily offers fleet card and business management services for the transportation and logistics industries. Wex’s primary products are its self-issued fleet cards, which trucking companies and government fleets can provide to drivers to purchase gas and other necessities at gas stations across the country. Wex also provides point-of-sale payment acceptance options for gas stations and trucking companies to enable both in-person fleet card acceptance and virtual, B2B, level III e-commerce. This review will focus on Wex’s payment acceptance products for merchants.
Wex Location and Ownership
Wex Inc. is headquartered at 1 Hancock St, Portland, Maine 04101. Melissa Smith is the president and CEO of Wex Inc.
Wex Inc. Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Wex Inc. offers a five-year contract with a variable early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Wex Inc. has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Wex Inc. currently has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 67 complaints in the last three years.
- Sales & Marketing: Wex Inc. does not hire independent sales agents but has received some complaints about its telesales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Wex Inc.