UPDATE 2/25/2019: The Merchant Brokers Group website is currently inactive, but it was accessible as recently as one month ago. It is possible that Merchant Brokers Group brand has been discontinued, or it could simply be having web hosting issues. We will continue to monitor the company and update this review once we have a definitive understanding of its status. If you have any information about Merchant Brokers Group (including any rebrandings or DBAs), please share it in the comment section below this review.
Merchant Brokers Group (merchantbrokersgroup.com) is a merchant account referral service operating out of Chicago, Illinois. The company claims to be an independent organization that helps merchants find the best credit card processors for their businesses, but multiple merchant complaints have suggested that Merchant Brokers Group is actually a DBA of Axxess Payments or Pivotal Payments.
Merchant Brokers Group makes no mention of either Axxess or Pivotal on its website, and it claims to be located in Chicago rather than in Canada. However, an archived version of the Merchant Brokers Group website from May 2014 lists an address at 174 Rue Montevista, Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC H9B, Canada, which is in the same province as the last known address of Axxess Payments. Additionally, complaints found here and here explicitly state that Axxess Payments has rebranded itself as Merchant Brokers Group. Complaints in this 800Notes thread also link the two companies.
The Merchant Brokers Group website states that the company is not affiliated with any specific processor, and it does not provide the names of Merchant Brokers Group’s executive leadership. We are unable to find any record of Merchant Brokers Group in the Illinois corporate database. Merchant Brokers Group lists its address as 155 North Wacker Drive, Suite 4250, Chicago, Illinois 60606.
- Sales & Marketing: Merchant Brokers Group has been accused of functioning as a referral service for Axxess Payments despite the fact that it presents itself as a third-party service.
- Costs & Contract: Merchant Brokers Group appears to offer the same contract terms as Axxess Payments.
- Complaints & Service: Merchant Brokers Group has received approximately 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Merchant Brokers Group does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Merchant Brokers Group