Pivotal Payments Overview
UPDATE 2/1/2019: Pivotal Payments changed its name to “Nuvei” on October 23, 2018. See our Nuvei review for up-to-date information on this company.
Pivotal Payments (pivotalpayments.com) is a large super ISO with operations in both the U.S. and Canada. The company is headquartered in Melville, New York, and St. Catharines, Ontario, respectively. Founded in 2003, Pivotal acquired Cardex Corporation and Tangerine Payment Solutions and rebranded both companies under the Pivotal Payments name. As an ISO, Pivotal appears to be a reseller of First Data, Global Payments, and TSYS credit card processing services, but may also work with other direct processors. The company manages its merchant accounts directly and provides in-house customer support.
Pivotal Payments’ Acquiring Banks are Merrick Bank of South Jordan, Utah, BMO Harris Bank: N.A., Chicago, Illinois, and Wells Fargo of Walnut Creek, California. Philip Fayer is the president and CEO of Pivotal Payments.
- Sales & Marketing: Pivotal Payments hires independent sales representatives and has received a moderate-to-high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Pivotal Payments offers a three-year contract through Global Payments with an early termination fee of either $395 or $495.
- Complaints & Service: Pivotal Payments has received more than 160 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Pivotal Payments has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 64 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Pivotal Payments
Pivotal Payments History Video
Advertising Disclosure: Our unbiased reviews are supported in part by helping you find highly reviewed merchant accounts. You can learn more here.