Mobile Payment Processing From Intuit
GoPayment is a mobile credit card processing product for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices created by Intuit Merchant Services. It provides merchants with an EMV-compatible mobile credit card reader and a dedicated payment app that allows them to accept debit and credit cards with their phones. The service instantly syncs with QuickBooks through its mobile app. GoPayment charges a flat rate fee structure.
QuickBooks Rebranding Effort
As of this update, Intuit appears to be converting the name of the service from “Intuit GoPayment” to “QuickBooks GoPayment” or “QuickBooks Payments” in an effort to reclassify GoPayment as a mobile processing option within QuickBooks Merchant Services. The GoPayment brand may soon be phased out completely in favor of QuickBooks Payments. For the purposes of this review, we will be scoring GoPayment independently of Intuit Merchant Services and QuickBooks Payments. We will maintain this review while the transition process is still in its early days.
GoPayment Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: GoPayment offers pay-as-you-go or a month-to-month contract with flat-fee pricing and no early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: GoPayment has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: GoPayment does not have a dedicated profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Sales & Marketing: GoPayment does not hire independent sales agents but has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With GoPayment