Is Square Holding Your Money?
Square Has an Awful Customer Support Reputation
Since the original publication of our Square review, we have received thousands of complaints that accuse the company of withholding funds, deactivating accounts, and offering zero phone contact information to affected merchants. Square claims that it provides phone support, but it only makes this phone line available to active account holders. This means that if your account has been deactivated by Square, they will not provide you with an access code to use this customer support phone number.
Official Square Customer Support Options
Other Useful Information
In addition to contacting Square for help, you can take matters into your own hands with the advice found in the following resources:
- “Fee Sweep: The Credit Card Processing Guide”
- How to Avoid Fund Holds With Square
- Why Credit Card Processors Hold Funds
- Best Merchant Accounts for Great Customer Service
- Best Mobile Card Processing Apps
- Best Mobile Card Processing Apps for iPhone
- Best Mobile Card Processing Apps for Android
- Best E-Commerce Merchant Accounts
- Best Retail Merchant Accounts
- Cheapest Merchant Accounts
- Best iPad POS Systems
- Best Mobile Apps for Sending Money
- Best High Risk Merchant Accounts
Have you found another way to get Square’s attention? Tell other merchants about it in the comment section below!