Square for Retail Overview
Square’s Hardware and Software Suite for Retailers
Square for Retail (squareup.com/us/en/point-of-sale/retail) is a (POS) application offered by Square. Square for Retail uses the same hardware as Square Register and shares many of the same features. However, Square for Retail is a paid monthly service that bundles additional retail-specific services along with the Square Register app so as to better serve conventional brick-and-mortar retailers.
Not to Be Confused With Square Register or Square Terminal
“Square for Retail” refers to Square’s original iPad-plus-stand payment terminal plus a whole host of hardware and software products, including a bar code scanner, receipt printer, and cash drawer. “Square Register” is a newer all-in-one POS product that represents the future of Square’s POS strategy. “Square Terminal” is a cordless, portable payment processing terminal that connects to Wi-Fi or Ethernet. One notable difference between the traditional Square Register app and Square for Retail is that Square for Retail’s checkout flow is based on a smart search feature rather than selecting items from a prebuilt inventory display. Square for Retail is only available for the iPad.
Square for Retail Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Square for Retail offers a month-to-month contract with fixed per-transaction pricing and no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Square has received more than 2,000 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Square currently has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 2,001 complaints in the last three years.
- Sales & Marketing: Square for Retail does not hire independent sales agents and displays its pricing for anyone to view.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Square for Retail
Square for Retail Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your Square for Retail merchant account statement. Not with Square for Retail? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any statement. In fact, We've found $777,476 in hidden fees in 2019 already! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.