PayAnywhere (payanywhere.com), sometimes spelled as “Pay Anywhere,” is a mobile credit card processing service offered by North American Bancard; however, PayAnywhere warrants its own review because the service is a departure from North American Bancard’s typical merchant account setup. It should be noted that even though the service is powered by North American Bancard, the actual processor of the credit card transactions is Global Payments. In addition to its mobile phone card reader, PayAnywhere also offers a tablet-based point-of-sale system called PayAnywhere Storefront.
PayAnywhere is North American Bancard’s answer to Square’s mobile credit card processing service. The service appears to have launched in 2010, but it has not enjoyed the same kind of buzz and popularity as Square. Even so, PayAnywhere has been garnering an increasing amount of media attention and has outlasted Intuit’s GoPayment as well as a few other early mobile competitors. Marc Gardner is listed as the president and CEO of North American Bancard.
- Sales & Marketing: PayAnywhere hires independent sales agents and has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: PayAnywhere offers a month-to-month contract with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: PayAnywhere has received more than 300 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: PayAnywhere has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 139 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With PayAnywhere