A Sizable U.S. Credit Card Processor
North American Bancard, in operation since 1992, is a merchant account provider that has grown into one of the largest merchant services providers in the United States. North American Bancard is a large super ISO that specializes in providing credit card processing services supplied by First Data (now Fiserv) and Global Payments but manages its merchant customers directly with its own in-house customer support. The company also markets a mobile point-of-sale app and card reader called “PayAnywhere” and is the parent company of Electronic Payment Exchange, Humboldt Merchant Services, CDITech, Money Machine, Point & Pay, Velocity, and Argus Payments (now “Inovio“). In May 2017, North American Bancard acquired Total Merchant Services for an undisclosed sum. Most recently in September 2020, North American Bancard also acquired SALIDO, a leading hospitality technology provider.
North American Bancard Payment Processing
As one of the largest payment processors in the world, North American Bancard processes all major debit and credit cards for any size of business. Among their extensive product and solution offerings are storefront web-based payments, EMV and NFC solutions, NAB PCI Plus security, integration with software such as Quickbooks, payment reports, touchless pay, discounts for cash payments, inventory and customer management, employee tools, loans, gift and loyalty programs, check processing, dispute management, and billing tools. In terms of payment options, they offer the Payanywhere family of card readers, smart terminals, smart POS, and pin pads; Igenico pin pads; e-commerce setups; the Authorize.net and USAePay payment gateways; and the NAB virtual terminal.
Headquartered in Troy, Michigan
North American Bancard lists The Bancorp Bank, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; BMO Harris N.A., Chicago, Illinois; Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, California; and Citizens Bank N.A., Providence, RI., as its acquiring banks. The company is headquartered at 250 Stephenson Highway, Troy, Michigan 48083. Marc Gardner is the president and CEO of North American Bancard.
North American Bancard Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: North American Bancard offers a three-year contract with a liquidated damages clause and an early termination fee of at least $295.
- Complaints & Service: North American Bancard has received more than 200 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: North American Bancard has an “A+” rating despite having received 91 complaints and 37 reviews in the last 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2001.
- Sales & Marketing: North American Bancard hires independent sales agents and has received a moderate-to-high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With North American Bancard