Total Merchant Services (totalmerchantservices.com) is a mid-size merchant account provider that appears to have entered the credit card processing industry in 1996. Although Total Merchant Services serves its merchant customers directly, the company uses Global Payments for its actual card processing services. Total Merchant Services offers point-of-sale hardware and software under the name “Groovv.” The company is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California, with corporate headquarters located at 21650 Oxnard St Ste 1200, Woodland Hills, California 91367-7814. Joe Kaplan is listed as the CEO of Total Merchant Services.
- Sales & Marketing: Total Merchant Services hires independent sales agents and has received a moderate-to-high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Total Merchant Services appears to offer a three-year contract through Global Payments that may or may not include an early termination fee of $295.
- Complaints & Service: Total Merchant Services has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Total Merchant Services has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 232 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Total Merchant Services