A Sales Arm of North American Bancard
SekureCard Services (sekurecardservices.com), Sekure Merchant Solutions (sekuremerchants.com), and Sekure Cost Review (sekurecostreview.com) appear to be the same merchant account provider operating in the U.S and possibly Canada. SekureCard (also spelled Sekure Card) and the other two companies present themselves as referral agents for multiple processors, but there is a significant amount of evidence online indicating that they are all primarily resellers of North American Bancard—one of our worst-rated merchant account providers.
SekureCard Class-Action Settlement
In August 2018, SekureCard (DBA First Choice Payment Solutions) settled a class-action lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois for $6,250,000. The settlement “resolves a lawsuit involving allegations that [SekureCard] made telemarketing calls from July 26, 2013 through February 1, 2018 on cellular telephone lines using an automatic telephone dialing system or artificial or prerecorded voice.” You are eligible to claim a portion of this settlement if “between July 26, 2013 through February 1, 2018, [SekureCard] called you on a cellular telephone using an automatic telephone dialing system or prerecorded voice.” More details on how to file a claim can be found here.
SekureCard Location and Owners
Headquartered in New York City (sources indicate an office in Montreal as well), the various “Sekure” companies do not disclose the identities of their executive leadership.
- Sales & Marketing: SekureCard appears to rely on telephone appointment setters and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: SekureCard appears to offer a three-year contract through North American Bancard with a liquidated damages-style early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: SekureCard has received more than 50 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: SekureCard has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 92 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With SekureCard