Inovio May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Inovio or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
A Subsidiary of North American Bancard
Formerly known as “Argus Payments,” Inovio is an online payment gateway provider owned by North American Bancard. The company operated independently as Argus Payments until 2014, when North American Bancard acquired it. It was rebranded as Inovio in 2016. It is unclear at this time whether Argus Payments (and, by extension, Inovio) has any connection to Argus Merchant Services. Despite their similar names, they do not share branding, and Argus Merchant Services currently operates without any apparent link to North American Bancard. Most evidence suggests that Argus Merchant Services and Argus Payments are separate entities, but a lack of details about Argus Payments’ ownership and history makes this difficult to confirm.
Location and Ownership
Like Argus Payments before it, Inovio emphasizes that it is a payment gateway provider rather than a conventional credit card processor. However, Inovio does offer integrated merchant accounts through North American Bancard, making its payment processing option indistinguishable from a North American Bancard merchant account. Inovio lists its headquarters as 21650 Oxnard Street, Suite 1200, Woodland Hills, CA 91367, and Conal Cunningham is the general manager and founder of Inovio. Inovio should not be confused with Inovio Pharmaceuticals, a large pharmaceutical company.
Inovio Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Inovio appears to be marketed as a product of North American Bancard and will possibly come with North American Bancard’s contract terms.
- Complaints & Service: Inovio has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Inovio does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Sales & Marketing: Inovio does not appear to hire independent sales representatives and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Inovio
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.