Stripe May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Stripe or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
A Developer-Friendly Payment Processor
Founded in 2010, Stripe is a web application that allows merchants to accept credit card payments through their websites. The service ranks in the top three of our best merchant accounts for web developers, and its capabilities include recurring billing, accepting bitcoin, and facilitating payments on marketplace-style platforms. Stripe is similar to Braintree Payment Solutions in that it does not charge any setup fees, monthly fees or monthly minimum fees.
Is Stripe Holding Your Funds Right Now?
Thousands of merchants have had their payments frozen by Stripe. If you’re one of them, then you might find these resources helpful:
- How to Make Your Payment Processor Release Your Money
- How to Fight Chargebacks
- Best Merchant Accounts for Hard-To-Place Business Types
Headquartered in California
Interestingly, Stripe has also received investment capital from the founders of another competitor, PayPal. Stripe was founded by brothers John and Patrick Collison, and Patrick currently serves as the company’s CEO. Stripe’s headquarters can be found at 185 Berry Street, Suite 550, San Francisco, California 94107.
Stripe Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Stripe offers a month-to-month contract with no early termination fees. The company charges a flat transaction fee and provides the option for interchange-plus pricing.
- Complaints & Service: Stripe has received more than 300 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Stripe currently has an “A+” rating and 352 complaints and 92 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2013.
- Sales & Marketing: Stripe does not hire independent sales representatives and has received only a few merchant complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Avoid Fund Holds With Stripe
Video Introduction to Stripe
Are you a decision maker with Stripe? Claim this review.
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.