10/20/21: As of 2021, PayPal is offering similar services to PayPal Here under its new PayPal Zettle brand. Existing PayPal Here accounts remain active, so we will continue to provide this review, but those looking for new service should check out our PayPal review.
PayPal’s Mobile Payment Processing
PayPal has thrown its hat into the mobile payment acceptance arena with its launch of the “PayPal Here” mobile payment app and line of card readers. The service is yet another carbon copy of other mobile credit card processing services like Intuit’s GoPayment, Square, and North American Bancard’s Pay Anywhere, but, of course, PayPal Here has its own spin on the idea.
PayPal Here Payment Processing
PayPal Here’s chief innovation is that it is integrated into a regular PayPal account and, therefore, merchants have access to a wide range of other features not found with most competitors. Funds from PayPal Here transactions that fall within normal risk tolerances will be available immediately to the merchant within his/her PayPal account. Merchants have the choice of transferring the money into an attached checking account or using an attached debit card to make purchases and ATM withdrawals.
PayPal Debit Card Features
PayPal advertises that by accessing the funds through purchases with its “PayPal Business Debit MasterCard,” merchants will get same-day access to funds and receive a 1% cashback bonus -bringing their effective processing rate down to as low as 1.7%. PayPal Here only offers automatic fund transfers to the attached checking accounts.
PayPal Location & Ownership
Daniel Schulman is the CEO of PayPal, which is headquartered at 2211 North First Street, San Jose, California 95131.
PayPal Here Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: PayPal Here offers a month-to-month contract with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: PayPal Here has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: PayPal Here has no independent BBB profile. Its parent company PayPal has an “A-” rating and has received 27,150 complaints and 2,221 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2001.
- Sales & Marketing: PayPal Here does not hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With PayPal Here