PayPal Here Overview
PayPal’s Mobile Payment Processing
PayPal has thrown its hat into the mobile payment acceptance arena with its launch of the “PayPal Here” mobile payment app and line of card readers. The service is yet another carbon copy of other mobile credit card processing services like Intuit’s GoPayment, Square, and North American Bancard’s Pay Anywhere, but, of course, PayPal Here has its own spin on the idea.
PayPal Here’s chief innovation is that it is integrated into a regular PayPal account and, therefore, merchants have access to a wide range of other features not found with most competitors. Funds from PayPal Here transactions that fall within normal risk tolerances will be available immediately to the merchant within his/her PayPal account. Merchants have the choice of transferring the money into an attached checking account or using an attached debit card to make purchases and ATM withdrawals.
PayPal Debit Card Features
PayPal advertises that by accessing the funds through purchases with its “PayPal Business Debit MasterCard,” merchants will get same-day access to funds and receive a 1% cash back bonus -bringing their effective processing rate down to as low as 1.7%. PayPal Here only offers automatic fund transfers to attached checking accounts. Daniel Schulman is the CEO of PayPal, which is headquartered at 2211 North First Street, San Jose, California 95131.
PayPal Here Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: PayPal Here offers a month-to-month contract with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: PayPal Here has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: PayPal Here has no independent BBB profile. Its parent company Paypal has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 8,270 complaints and 504 reviews in the past three years.
- Sales & Marketing: PayPal Here does not hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With PayPal Here
PayPal Here Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your PayPal Here merchant account statement. Not with PayPal Here? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any statement. In fact, We've found $798,496 in hidden fees in 2019 already! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.