iZettle (izettle.com) is a mobile credit card processing app and card reader compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. As of this review, the service is only available to merchants in Finland, France, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, Norway, the UK, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Mexico, and Brazil but seems to be expanding quickly. iZettle’s service is similar to the popular U.S. equivalents GoPayment, Square, and Pay Anywhere, but with the exception that it is designed to accept chip-and-PIN (EMV) cards. Like its U.S. counterparts, iZettle opens up credit card acceptance to the individual and breaks down the typical barriers to entry seen with traditional merchant accounts. The signup process is quick and simple, and includes a card reader and free app for approved accounts. iZettle has no setup fees, no monthly fees, no PCI Compliance fees, and no service length requirement. Users only pay transaction fees on successful sales, which vary by method of transacting, business volume, and the country in which the user is registered. Jacob De Geer is listed as the founder and CEO of iZettle, which is headquartered at Regeringsgatan 59, 111 56 Stockholm, Sweden.
- Sales & Marketing: iZettle does not employ independent sales agents and has not received any merchant complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: iZettle offers month-to-month contracts with no early termination fees and a sliding rate scale.
- Complaints & Service: iZettle has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: The Better Business Bureau does not maintain a profile for iZettle at this time.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Avoid Fund Holds With iZettle
iZettle Video Introduction