iZettle May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through iZettle or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
A Growing International Credit Card Processor
iZettle is a mobile credit card processing app and card reader compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. As of this review, the service is only available to merchants in Finland, France, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, Norway, the UK, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Mexico, and Brazil but seems to be expanding quickly. iZettle’s service is similar to the popular U.S. equivalents GoPayment, Square, and Pay Anywhere, but with the exception that it is designed to accept chip-and-PIN (EMV) cards. Like its U.S. counterparts, iZettle opens up credit card acceptance to the individual and breaks down the typical barriers to entry seen with traditional merchant accounts.
Acquired by PayPal
In September of 2018 PayPal announced the acquisition of iZettle for a sum of $2.2 billion. In June of 2019, the United Kingdom’s Competition and Markets Authority approved the purchase of the company, allowing PayPal to begin utilizing the platform’s infrastructure to better support in-store transactions.
iZettle Location and Ownership
Jacob De Geer is listed as the founder and CEO of iZettle, which is headquartered at Regeringsgatan 59, 111 56 Stockholm, Sweden.
iZettle Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: iZettle offers 3 different month-to-month plans with flat-rate pricing and no early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: iZettle has received more than 150 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: The Better Business Bureau does not maintain a profile for iZettle at this time.
- Sales & Marketing: iZettle does not employ independent sales agents and has not received any merchant complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Avoid Fund Holds With iZettle
iZettle Video Introduction
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.