The Company Behind QuickBooks
Intuit Merchant Services, also known as QuickBooks Payments, is a merchant account provider based in Mountain View, California. Intuit first entered the merchant services industry in order to package credit card processing services with its QuickBooks accounting software. To make this easier, the company established a partnership with Innovative Merchant Solutions. In 2003, Intuit acquired Innovative Merchant Solutions, and in recent years the company has restructured its merchant services division under the QuickBooks Payments brand. In fact, it’s possible that Intuit Merchant Services is no longer a distinct unit within the QuickBooks family of products, but we will continue updating this review until the company officially scraps it.
Seamless QuickBooks Integration
The vast majority of merchants learn about Intuit Merchant Services through QuickBooks, a small business accounting software program developed by the company. Intuit has done a great job of packaging its credit card processing service into QuickBooks. The integration makes it very easy for merchants to seamlessly charge cards and track the sales in essentially one step. In fact, this reviewer has found that many merchants will accept higher processing rates with Intuit (rather than switch processors) to keep the easy, integrated accounting functionality. Intuit’s primary merchant account product at this time is QuickBooks Payments. The company uses First Data as its processor, but handles its customer service and operations in-house. The president and CEO of Intuit is Brad Smith.
Intuit Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Intuit Merchant Services offers swipe rates of up to 2.4% plus $0.30 and keyed-in rates of 3.5% plus $0.30 with options between a pay-as-you-go or monthly plan.
- Complaints & Service: Intuit Merchant Services has received more than 250 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Intuit Merchant Services has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 1,582 complaints and 435 reviews in the past three years.
- Sales & Marketing: Intuit Merchant Services does not hire independent sales agents but has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Intuit Merchant Services