The Company Behind QuickBooks
Intuit Merchant Services, also known as QuickBooks Payments, is a merchant account provider based in Mountain View, California. Intuit first entered the merchant services industry in order to package credit card processing services with its QuickBooks accounting software. To make this easier, the company established a partnership with Innovative Merchant Solutions. In 2003, Intuit acquired Innovative Merchant Solutions, and in recent years the company has restructured its merchant services division under the QuickBooks Payments brand. In fact, it’s possible that Intuit Merchant Services is no longer a distinct unit within the QuickBooks family of products, but we will continue updating this review until the company officially scraps it.
Intuit Merchant Services Payment Processing
Intuit Merchant Services processes all major credit and debit cards for most business types. Their services include ACH and check processing, pay-enabled invoices, mobile payments, scheduled and recurring payments, next-day deposits, bookkeeping, invoice tracking, QuickBooks cash bank accounts, and payment links. They appear to focus exclusively on payments out of a store, though their mobile options may work for in-store payments for small businesses.
Seamless QuickBooks Integration
The vast majority of merchants learn about Intuit Merchant Services through QuickBooks, a small business accounting software program developed by the company. Intuit has done a great job of packaging its credit card processing service into QuickBooks. The integration makes it very easy for merchants to seamlessly charge cards and track the sales in essentially one step. In fact, we have found that many merchants will accept higher processing rates with Intuit (rather than switch processors) to keep the easy, integrated accounting functionality. Intuit’s primary merchant account product at this time is QuickBooks Payments. The company uses First Data (now Fiserv) as its processor but handles its customer service and operations in-house.
Intuit Location & Ownership
The president and CEO of Intuit is Sasan K. Goodarzi. Intuit is located at 2700 Coast Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043.
Intuit Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Intuit Merchant Services offers swipe rates of up to 2.4% plus $0.30 and keyed-in rates of 3.5% plus $0.30 with options between a pay-as-you-go or a monthly plan.
- Complaints & Service: Intuit Merchant Services has received more than 250 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Intuit Merchant Services has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau as Intuit, Inc. and has received 2,212 complaints and 309 reviews in the past three years.
- Sales & Marketing: Intuit Merchant Services does not hire independent sales agents but has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Intuit Merchant Services