Intuit Merchant Services Overview
Intuit Merchant Services May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Intuit Merchant Services or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
The Company Behind QuickBooks
Intuit Merchant Services, also known as QuickBooks Payments, is a merchant account provider based in Mountain View, California. Intuit first entered the merchant services industry in order to package credit card processing services with its QuickBooks accounting software. To make this easier, the company established a partnership with Innovative Merchant Solutions. In 2003, Intuit acquired Innovative Merchant Solutions, and in recent years the company has restructured its merchant services division under the QuickBooks Payments brand. In fact, it’s possible that Intuit Merchant Services is no longer a distinct unit within the QuickBooks family of products, but we will continue updating this review until the company officially scraps it.
Seamless QuickBooks Integration
The vast majority of merchants learn about Intuit Merchant Services through QuickBooks, a small business accounting software program developed by the company. Intuit has done a great job of packaging its credit card processing service into QuickBooks. The integration makes it very easy for merchants to seamlessly charge cards and track the sales in essentially one step. In fact, this reviewer has found that many merchants will accept higher processing rates with Intuit (rather than switch processors) to keep the easy, integrated accounting functionality. Intuit’s primary merchant account product at this time is QuickBooks Payments. The company uses First Data as its processor but handles its customer service and operations in-house. The president and CEO of Intuit is Sasan Goodarzi.
Intuit Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Intuit Merchant Services offers different pricing plans for existing and new customers with a range of fees depending on which plans a merchant selects.
- Complaints & Service: Intuit Merchant Services has received more than 200 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Intuit Merchant Services has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 1,343 complaints and 382 reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Intuit Merchant Services does not hire independent sales agents but has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Intuit Merchant Services
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.