A Canadian Subsidiary of Vantiv
Moneris Solutions is a large credit card processor based in Canada with headquarters in Toronto. The company has a U.S. subsidiary, Humboldt Merchant Services; however, the scope of this review will be for the Canadian-based Moneris (see our Humboldt Merchant Services review for more details about the U.S. company). Moneris Solutions offers comprehensive options aimed at retail, restaurant, professional service, and non-profit organizations as well as enterprise pricing for high volume merchants. Their solutions include credit card terminals, MOTO platforms, e-commerce processing, and iPad based POS systems.
Moneris Acquisition and Ownership
Founded in 2000, Moneris is a result of a joint venture between the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC Financial Group) and BMO Financial Group, which includes Harris Bank. Moneris’s U.S. division (Moneris USA) was acquired by Vantiv in December 2016, and the company’s U.S.-based merchants are now served by Vantiv. Angela Brown is listed as the president and CEO of Moneris who are headquartered at 3300 Bloor Street West Toronto, ON, Canada.
Moneris Solutions Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Moneris Solutions appears to offer a three-year contract with interchange pricing and a liquidated damages-style early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Moneris Solutions has received more than 80 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Moneris Solutions has 2 profiles with the Better Business Bureau and has received 8 complaints and 6 reviews across both profiles in the last 3 years. Moneris’ main profile has an “A+” rating, while the profile assigned to Moneris USA is not rated.
- Sales & Marketing: Moneris Solutions appears to hire independent sales agents and has received a low number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Moneris Solutions