Vantiv (vantiv.com) is the merchant services and credit card processing division of Fifth Third Bank. The company is one of the largest payment processors in the United States and is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under “VNTV.” Vantiv entered the merchant services industry in 1991 under the name of Midwest Payment Systems, then changed its name to Fifth Third Processing Solutions in 2003, and then again changed its name in 2011 to Vantiv.
Since its founding, the company has acquired several other credit card processors and ISOs, including ACI Merchant Services, Card Management Corporation (CMC), TNB Card Services, National Processing Company (NPC), and, most recently, Mercury Payment Systems. Mercury and Element Payment Services have since been combined and rebranded to create Vantiv Integrated Payments. Vantiv is a direct processor sponsored by Fifth Third Bank. The company’s corporate headquarters is located at 8500 Governors Hill Dr., Cincinnati, Ohio 54249, but Vantiv also has offices in Illinois, Indiana, and Texas. Vantiv’s CEO is Charles D. Drucker.
- Sales & Marketing: Vantiv hires independent sales agents and has received a low-to-moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Vantiv offers a three-year contract with a $495 early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Vantiv has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Vantiv has an “A-” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 282 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Vantiv