National Processing Company (NPC) Overview
UPDATE 2/11/2019: The National Processing Company website currently redirects to Vantiv, and it appears that the NPC brand has been fully absorbed into the Vantiv brand. We therefore will no longer update this review. See our Vantiv review for up-to-date information about this company.
National Processing Company (npc.net), a subsidiary of Vantiv, is one of the larger merchant account providers in the United States with over 240,000 merchants. The company is based in Louisville, Kentucky, and was originally formed in 1979 as a separate subsidiary of First National Bank. Due to a merger in 1988, the company then became a wholly owned subsidiary of National City Corporation. In 1996, National Processing Company spent a brief stint as a publicly traded company before being acquired by Bank of America for $1.4 billion. Only two years later Bank of America sold National Processing Company to Iron Triangle Payment Systems, a company which also at the same time bought Retriever Payment Systems. Iron Triangle Payment Systems then re-branded all of its merchant processing companies under both National Processing Company and Retriever Payment Systems, both of which were subsequently acquired by Vantiv (formerly known as Fifth Third Processing Solutions). Chris Williams is listed as the senior vice president of NPC.
- Sales & Marketing: National Processing Company hires independent sales agents and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: National Processing Company typically offers a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $250 or more.
- Complaints & Service: National Processing Company has received more than 150 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: National Processing Company has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 171 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With National Processing Company
National Processing Company (NPC) Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your National Processing Company (NPC) merchant account. Not with National Processing Company (NPC)? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any statement. In fact, We've found $725,402 in total hidden fees in 2019 already! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free.
Advertising Disclosure: Our unbiased reviews are supported in part by helping you find highly reviewed merchant accounts. You can learn more here.