Update: Retriever Payment Systems no longer operates as a unified organization, but there are multiple independent offices across the country that still use the Retriever brand name. We have left this review up as a general resource for merchants, but we have also published reviews of several individual Retriever offices. Comments on this review are now closed; please see if we have already published a separate review for your specific Retriever office:
- Retriever of Waterville, Ohio (goretriever.com), now known as National Payment Corporation
- Retriever Merchant Solutions of South Holland, Illinois (rmsnpc.com)
- Retriever Medical/Dental Payments, Inc. of Valhalla, New York (retrievermed.com)
- Retriever of Orlando, Florida, and of Memphis, Tennessee (localccprocessing.com)
- Retriever Payment Chicago of Geneva, Illinois (retrieverpaymentchicago.com), now known as Payroc
- Retriever of Jackson, Mississippi (retrievernpc.com)
- Retriever of Concord, California (retrieverps.com)
Originally founded in 1993, Retriever Payment Systems was a merchant account provider that was purchased by Iron Triangle Payment Systems in 2006 and subsequently converted into a subsidiary of National Processing Company (NPC). Although there is no longer a single, unified organization named “Retriever Payment Systems,” there are multiple independent sales offices across the country that still use the Retriever name and logo. Despite the fact that they share the Retriever brand, these offices function independently of one another. They do not report to a shared parent organization.
This review was originally intended to cover Retriever Payment Systems as a single organization. In light of the fact that there is no longer a unified entity known as “Retriever Payment Systems,” this review will now serve as an overview of all Retriever locations. Merchants should note that pricing, hiring practices, and customer service will vary between the separate Retriever offices; however, we believe that these offices will share certain characteristics as resellers of NPC/Vantiv contracts. NPC is a registered ISO/MSP of Vantiv (formerly Fifth Third Bank). James Oberman is listed as the managing director of NPC.
Retriever Payment Systems Point of Sale
Retriever Payment Systems solutions support all payment platforms including EMV, PIN debit, contactless, Bluetooth, Apple Pay, Google Wallet, PayPal, QR Code, and MSR (magnetic stripe). They offer full range EMV enabled countertop POS terminals, PIN Pads, wireless solutions and peripherals to businesses in the Bay Area, including Concord, San Francisco and beyond.