Formerly Retriever of Ohio
National Payment Corporation is a merchant account provider headquartered in Waterville, Ohio. The company operated for almost 20 years as “Retriever of Ohio” (goretriever.com, teamnpc.com), but it appears to have shifted its branding to the National Payment Corporation name over the past five years or so. Retriever of Ohio took its name from a now-defunct large ISO of National Processing Company (NPC) called Retriever Payment Systems. Founded in 1993, the original Retriever Payment Systems was purchased by Iron Triangle Payment Systems in 2006 and subsequently converted into a subsidiary of National Processing Company (NPC). Although the original Retriever Payment Systems is no longer active, there are multiple independent sales offices across the country that still use the Retriever name and logo. Retriever of Ohio was one of those locations. A few of the other independent Retriever offices are listed below:
- Retriever Merchant Solutions of South Holland, Illinois (rmsnpc.com)
- Retriever Medical/Dental Payments, Inc. of Valhalla, New York (retrievermed.com)
- Retriever of Orlando, Florida, and of Memphis, Tennessee (localccprocessing.com)
- Retriever Payment Chicago of Geneva, Illinois (retrieverpaymentchicago.com), now Payroc
- Retriever of Jackson, Mississippi (retrievernpc.com)
National Payment Corporation is not affiliated with any of the locations listed above, and it does not report to a larger corporate entity called Retriever Payment Systems. It is a fully independent merchant account provider and this review will treat it as such.
Company Headquarters and Ownership
National Payment Corporation is listed as a registered ISO/MSP of Vantiv (now Worldpay) and is headquartered at 7541 Dutch Rd, Suite B, Waterville, OH. Mike Wilson is listed as the president of National Payment Corporation.
National Payment Corporation Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: National Payment Corporation appears to offer a multiyear contract through Vantiv that may or may not include an early termination fee. The company utilizes Authorize.Net as a payment gateway.
- Complaints & Service: National Payment Corporation has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: National Payment Corporation has an “A+” rating and has received 0 complaints and 0 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business since 2010.
- Sales & Marketing: National Payment Corporation appears to hire independently contracted sales agents but has not received any complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With National Payment Corporation