Updated 1/29/2019: In September 2018, Retriever Medical/Dental Payments, Inc. rebranded its corporate identity and business name to Rectangle Health. We will no longer update this review. Please refer to our Rectangle Health review for more up-to-date information.
Retriever Medical/Dental Payments, Inc. (retrievermed.com) is a merchant account provider headquartered in Valhalla, New York. The company takes the “Retriever” portion of its name from a former subsidiary of National Processing Company (NPC) called Retriever Payment Systems. Founded in 1993, the original Retriever Payment Systems was purchased by Iron Triangle Payment Systems in 2006 and subsequently converted into a subsidiary of National Processing Company (NPC). Although the original Retriever Payment Systems is no longer active, there are multiple independent sales offices across the country that still use the Retriever name and logo. Retriever Medical/Dental Payments is one of these locations. A few of the other independent Retriever offices are listed below:
- Retriever of Waterville, Ohio (goretriever.com)
- Retriever Merchant Solutions of South Holland, Illinois (rmsnpc.com)
- Retriever of Orlando, Florida, and of Memphis, Tennessee (localccprocessing.com)
- Retriever Payment Chicago of Geneva, Illinois (retrieverpaymentchicago.com), now known as Payroc
- Retriever of Jackson, Mississippi (retrievernpc.com)
Retriever Medical/Dental Payments is not affiliated with any of the locations listed above, and it does not report to a larger corporate entity called Retriever Payment Systems. It is a fully independent merchant account provider and this review will treat it as such. Retriever Medical/Dental Payments is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank and is headquartered at 115 E. Stevens Ave, Valhalla, New York 10595. Frank Shiner is the president and CEO of Retriever Medical/Dental Payments.
- Sales & Marketing: Retriever Medical/Dental Payments hires independent sales representatives and has received a low number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Retriever Medical/Dental Payments offers a multi-year contract with a conditional early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Retriever Medical/Dental Payments has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Retriever Medical/Dental Payments has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 10 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Retriever Medical/Dental Payments