Anytime, Anywhere Payment Solutions
Founded in 2003, Payroc is a merchant account provider that offers payment processing solutions for merchants of all sizes and types. The company resells the products and services of First Data, Vantiv, TSYS, and Chase Merchant Services (formerly Chase Paymentech). Payroc formerly operated under the name of “Retriever Payments Chicago” and was 1 of 2 Chicago-area offices of Retriever Payment Systems. The other Retriever office near Chicago, Retriever Merchant Solutions, currently has a moderate number of complaints and a “C” rating on CPO.
Expansion Through Acquisitions
In September 2016, Payroc acquired iTransact, and the company now maintains a second office at iTransact’s Utah location. With the acquisition of credit card processor Integrity Payment Systems in 2018, Payroc further expanded its payment solution offerings. In 2020 Payroc again acquired another payment provider Bluestone Payments.
Headquartered in Illinois
Payroc is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank, N.A., Peoples Trust Company, Vancouver, Canada, Wells Fargo Bank, Concord, CA, and Canadian Branch, Toronto, Canada. James Oberman is the CEO of Payroc, which is headquartered at 18312 W Creek Dr, Tinley Park, Illinois 60477.
Payroc Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Payroc advertises interchange-plus pricing and resells the services of First Data, Vantiv, TSYS, and Chase Merchant Services (formerly Chase Paymentech).
- Complaints & Service: Payroc has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Payroc has an “A+” and has received 6 complaints and 21 reviews in the last 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2016.
- Sales & Marketing: Payroc has received a couple of sales complaints but does not appear to have a systemic issue with its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Payroc