Chase Paymentech Overview
UPDATE 1/7/2019: Chase Paymentech now operates under the name “Chase Merchant Services”. See our Chase Merchant Services review for up-to-date information about this company.
Based out of Dallas, Texas, Chase Paymentech (chasepaymentech.com) is one of the largest merchant account providers in the United States. Although it has operated under different business names due to various acquisitions and joint ventures, Chase Paymentech has been in existence since 1985. Chase Paymentech rebranded its global ISO operations as “Chase Commerce Solutions” in late 2015, but First American Payment Systems acquired all of Chase Commerce Solutions’s operations in January 2016. Today, Chase’s merchant services products are marketed as a branch of JPMorgan Chase, but the Chase Paymentech brand is still found on the products themselves. Chase also acquired WePay in October 2017, which could signal the next direction for the company.
Chase Paymentech has achieved some recognition as the back-end processing network for the popular mobile credit card processing app Square. The company’s headquarters can be found at 14221 Dallas Pkwy, Dallas, Texas 75254. Chase Paymentech is part of a larger platform called Chase Merchant Services, which is overseen by CEO Matt Kane.
- Sales & Marketing: Chase Paymentech hires independent sales agents and has received a low number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Chase Paymentech offers variable contract terms that may or may not include an early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Chase Paymentech has received more than 50 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Chase Paymentech has a “D-” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 36 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Chase Paymentech
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.