A Large International Payment Processor
WorldPay is a very large direct processor with an international presence in 40 countries, the largest of which is in the U.K. and Europe. Founded in 1989 under the name “Streamline” in the UK, the company’s name was changed to WorldPay a few years later. In 2001, WorldPay began to offer U.S. merchant accounts in Atlanta, Georgia. Shortly after, the company was bought by The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and rebranded as RBS WorldPay. In 2010, RBS sold its controlling interest in the company and RBS WorldPay was rebranded back to just “WorldPay.” Charles Drucker is listed as the CEO of the company and its corporate headquarters are located at 8500 Governors Hill Drive Symmes Township, OH.
Acquired by Fidelity National Information Services
In 2017, Vantiv acquired WorldPay for $10 billion. The combined entity has since assumed WorldPay’s name and begun to consolidate its sub-brands into WorldPay. Less than two years later in March of 2019, Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. announced its agreement to purchase WorldPay for $35 billion. The Fidelity acquisition became finalized on July 31, 2019.
WorldPay Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: WorldPay offers a multi-year contract with a an early termination fee up to $495.
- Complaints & Service: WorldPay has received more than 400 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: WorldPay (as FIS) has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 154 complaints and 20 reviews in the past three years.
- Sales & Marketing: WorldPay hires independent sales agents and has received a high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With WorldPay
WorldPay Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your WorldPay merchant account statement. Not with WorldPay? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any credit card processing statement. We've already found $1,156,834 in hidden fees this year! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.