A Pioneer of Value Pricing
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Fattmerchant (fattmerchant.com) is a subscription-style merchant account provider that was established in 2013 but began operations in early 2014. Like Payment Depot or Transparent Merchant Services, Fattmerchant specializes in charging merchants a flat monthly fee and a fixed per-transaction fee with no percentage-based rates. The company was previously known as “Sunshine Payment Services” and is a reseller of NPC/Vantiv. Fattmerchant is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati, Ohio. Suneera Madhani is the founder and CEO of Fattmerchant.
Mobile & E-Commerce Products for Small Business
Fattmerchant offers mobile phone payment processing as well as a robust virtual terminal for e-commerce merchants. The Fattmerchant mobile app is available on iOS with an Android app due in the coming months. It can be used as a standalone solution or as part of an integrated omnichannel platform that includes both card present and card not present processing. Additionally, all transactions, drafts, catalog items, and inventory updates made in the mobile app are synced in real-time across all devices, including Fattmerchant’s virtual terminal.
A Powerful Competitor to Stripe
Fattmerchant’s e-commerce solution offers many of the same features as the popular payment aggregator Stripe but with several notable improvements. While both services offer an API for developers, a month-to-month contract, and integrated mobile payment options, only Fattmerchant provides a lower per-transaction fee, a customer support phone line, next-day funding, and QuickBooks integration. Fattmerchant’s linked mobile solution supports invoicing, manually keyed-in transactions, saved payment methods, and camera-scanned cards. Merchants are also able to add on a Bluetooth reader or terminal if they choose to accept card present transactions.
Fattmerchant Review Table of Contents
- Sales & Marketing: Fattmerchant does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Fattmerchant offers a month-to-month contract through Vantiv with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Fattmerchant has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Fattmerchant has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received three complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Fattmerchant