Founded in 2007, Dharma Merchant Services (dharmamerchantservices.com) is a merchant account provider based in San Francisco, California. A certified green eco-friendly business, the company advertises that it donates 50% of its net profits to non-profit organizations. Dharma Merchant Services is a registered Independent Sales Organization (ISO) and MasterCard Member Service Provider (MSP) with Wells Fargo Bank NA, Walnut Creek, California. The company itself is headquartered at 100 Bush St., Suite 1580, San Francisco, California 94104. Jeff Marcous is the co-founder and CEO of Dharma Merchant Services.
Featured Products & Services
Dharma Merchant Services has recently partnered with Clover to provide mobile phone processing and tablet-based POS options for merchants. Dharma is offering the Clover Mini station for a purchase price of $549 and a monthly fee of $10, which includes Clover’s PRO software set. For mobile EMV payments, Dharma is offering Clover Flex. Dharma’s preferred EMV terminal solution is the FD-130 terminal, which allows EMV processing, Chip-and-PIN acceptance, tip adjustment, and PIN bypass.
Dharma also recently lowered its rates for restaurants, bars, and quick-service restaurants. In order to meet the needs of these low-average-ticket businesses, Dharma is now offering a rate of interchange plus 0.20% plus $0.07 to this particular industry type.
- Sales & Marketing: Dharma Merchant Services does not hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Dharma Merchant Services offers a month-to-month contract with interchange-plus pricing and a $25 account closure fee.
- Complaints & Service: Dharma Merchant Services has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Dharma Merchant Services has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received zero complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Dharma Merchant Services