Formerly Known As “Pivotal Payments”
Created in October 2018 as a rebranding of Pivotal Payments, Nuvei is a large merchant account provider that claims to serve more than 50,000 merchants and process more than $15 billion in credit card transactions annually.
In late 2021, Nuvei acquired Mazooma, a bank-to-bank transfer service, and Simplex, a crypto payment firm. These moves were made prior to an IPO by the company, marking them for a major expansion in reach in the market
Nuvei Payment Processing
Nuvie provides credit card and debit card processing for all standard-risk business types. They process payments in 150+ currencies and they offer services including EMV card swipers, POS terminals, integration with many alternate payment options (like ApplePay and PayPal), e-commerce solutions including shopping carts and virtual terminals, wireless solutions, mobile payments, data reporting and analytics, crypto readiness, and an extensive network of partnerships. They also claim to offer industry-specific expertise, especially in gaming (eSports) and travel.
Nuvei Location and Ownership
Nuvei’s rebranding appears to have brought about a change in location. The company lists its Canadian address as 1100 René-Lévesque Blvd O #900, Montreal, Quebec H3B 4N4, Canada, and its U.S. address as 1375 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 400, Scottsdale, AZ 85257. Nuvei Technologies Inc. is a registered ISO of BMO Harris Bank, N.A, Chicago, IL; a registered ISO of Esquire Bank, Jericho, NY; a registered ISO of Fresno First Bank, Fresno, CA; a registered ISO of MVB Bank, Fairmont, WV; and a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A, Concord, CA. Philip Fayer is the CEO of Nuvei in a continuation of his role at Pivotal Payments.
Nuvei Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Nuvei offers variable contract terms that may include an early termination fee of up to $495.
- Complaints & Service: Nuvei has received more than 300 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Nuvei currently has an “A+” rating and has received 38 complaints and 11 reviews in the last 3 years. The company has been accredited by the BBB since 2021.
- Sales & Marketing: Nuvei hires independent sales agents and has received many complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Nuvei.