A Major U.S. Credit Card Processor
Elavon is one of the largest merchant account providers in the United States. The company was formed in 2011 from a merger of NOVA Information Systems and euroConex and is part of U.S. Bank’s (U.S. Bancorp’s) payment services division. Elavon is headquarted at Two Concourse Parkway, Suite 800, Atlanta, GA 30328. The company has been active in the credit card processing industry since 1991. Jamie Walker has been the CEO of Elavon since being appointed to the role in 2017.
Active Across the World
Elavon claims to serve over one million merchants worldwide, with a primary focus in North America and Europe. The company’s equipment lease subsidiary, Ladco Leasing, is a major supplier of credit card terminals and other payment processing equipment. Elavon also has its own online payment gateway called InternetSecure and can integrate with other gateways such as Authorize.net. For international businesses, the company offers multi-currency merchant services such as settlement in 16 currencies, authorization in 85+ currencies, and conversion into the cardholder’s home currency in 48 different currencies.
Elavon Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Elavon offers a multi-year contract with an early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Elavon has received more than 450 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Elavon has an “A+” rating despite having received 120 complaints and 12 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2009.
- Sales & Marketing: Elavon hires independent sales agents and has received a low-to-moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Elavon