The “World’s First Smart Payment Terminal”
Originally created to sell the “world’s first smart payment terminal,” Poynt is a POS provider that offers credit card processing software and hardware for merchants. Poynt was launched in late 2014 by the former head of Google Wallet to promote a single piece of hardware with pre-installed POS software as well as a built-in register, scanner, and printer.
Location and Ownership
The company started shipping its first orders in September 2015 and has since expanded its service offering to include a proprietary operating system, business management tools, and an app marketplace. Poynt is compatible with all major credit card processors, so merchants will not need to switch processors to use the product. Osama Bedier is the founder and CEO of Poynt, which is headquartered at 4151 Middlefield Rd Floor 2, Palo Alto, California 94303.
Poynt Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Poynt’s price and contract terms will vary depending on each reseller.
- Complaints & Service: Poynt has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Poynt currently has a “D” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 2 complaints in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Poynt does not market directly to merchants and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Poynt