Pearl Payments Overview
Pearl Payments May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Pearl Payments or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
Founded by a Securus Payments Veteran
Also known as “American Pearl Group, LLC”, Pearl Payments is a merchant account provider that serves most standard-risk business types. The company was founded by Andrei Wirth, a payments industry veteran with experience working for low-rated processors like Securus Payments and National Paymentech.
Andrei Wirth History
Andrei Wirth served as the National Sales Director for the Portland-based payment processor Securus Payments from 2011 to June 2015. During that time, Securus accumulated the vast majority of its complaints related to deceptive sales practices and expensive contract terms. In June 2015, Wirth became a manager at National Paymentech, another Portland-based payment processor that also attracted complaints during the short period of time that it was active. In 2017, he founded Pearl Payments in Dallas, Texas. Although Wirth does not appear to have ever faced any legal actions related to his career in payment processing, we have located some public documentation of other criminal offenses that are beyond the scope of this review.
Pearl Payments Location and Ownership
Pearl Payments Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Pearl Payments offers a multi-year contract with a $495 early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Pearl Payments has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Pearl Payments does not currently have a profile with the Better Business Bureau.
- Sales & Marketing: Pearl Payments appears to hire independent sales agents and has received multiple complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Pearl Payments
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.