An iPad POS Solution
Bindo is a cloud-based point-of-sale software and online marketplace for retail and e-commerce merchant accounts. The company was founded in 2010 and currently only offers a POS solution for the iPad. The company offers a 14-day free trial for merchants. Bindo’s goal is to provide smaller, local merchants with an online platform and marketplace that can help them compete with big-box online retailers like Wal-Mart and Amazon.
Location and Ownership
Bindo enables merchants to list their inventory in real time and accept payment from shoppers both locally and over the internet, with same-day pickup or delivery options depending on what a merchant can offer. Because its service is provider-agnostic, Bindo can either be paired with a merchant’s existing merchant account provider or set up with processing through a Bindo partner. Jason Ngan and Brad Lauster are co-founders Bindo, and the company is headquartered at 130 West 25th St. Suite 2B New York, New York 10001. Bindo’s website also lists offices in Singapore and Hong Kong.
Bindo Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Bindo offers custom pricing plans for its POS system and can offer integrated credit card processing or third-party payment processing support.
- Complaints & Service: Bindo has received more than 15 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Bindo (as Bindo Labs Inc.) has a “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 0 complaints in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Bindo does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Bindo