Updated 1/24/2019: The website for Everest Merchant Services (ems-merchants.com) appears to no longer be an active website, and unanswered BBB complaints seem to suggest that the company is no longer functioning. At this time, Everest Merchant Services appears to be a defunct organization, and third-party sources support this. If you have any knowledge of Everest’s status (whether it is still active, operating under another name, or no longer in business), please leave that information in the comment section below this review.
Everest Merchant Services (ems-merchants.com) is a nationwide merchant account provider providing credit card processing services to merchants for Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, signature cards, customized gift and loyalty cards, and debit cards. The company initially began operations on September 8, 2010, with business offices located at 261 Madison Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, New York. Several reviews indicate that EMS relies on Cynergy Data (now Priority Payment Systems) for its actual credit card processing services. The company also does not publicly list an acquiring bank. Arnold Olshanesky is listed as the CEO of Everest Merchant Services.
- Sales & Marketing: It’s unknown whether Everest Merchant Services hires independent sales representatives, but the company has received a moderate number of merchant complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Everest Merchant Services appears to offer a multi-year contract with a $495 early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Everest Merchant Services has received more than 15 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Everest Merchant Services currently has an “F” rating with the Better Business Bureau based on four complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Everest Merchant Services