A Rebirthed Cost Comparison Website
Formerly known as TransFS, FeeFighters is a startup founded in 2008 that was acquired by Groupon in 2012. FeeFighters’ website initially shut down following its assimilation with Groupon Payments (now known as Breadcrumb), but a former customer purchased the company’s website domain to revive and build upon FeeFighters’ unique offerings. The company provides merchant account cost comparison shopping services as well a proprietary payment gateway called “Samurai.” Although FeeFighters itself is not a processor or merchant account provider, this review will score it as such because its ultimate goal is to help merchants obtain a low cost merchant account.
Competing Bids from Credit Card Processors
The FeeFighters merchant account comparison service allows a merchant to provide some basic information about his business in order to receive “customized” instant rate and fee quotes from various merchant account providers. The merchant’s information is not given to any of the providers unless they choose to apply, so FeeFighters essentially eliminates many of the annoyances associated with getting rate quotes such as non-stop telemarketing calls. Additionally, among other requirements covered later in this review, FeeFighters forces processors to offer interchange-plus pricing (See “Fee Sweep” for more information on Interchange-plus). Due to this requirement, the company claims to save the average merchant customer 40% in merchant account fees.
FeeFighters Location and Ownership
Sean Harper is the original founder of FeeFighters, and Matt Mandell is the company’s current owner. FeeFighters lists its address as 213 N Racine Ave Apt 201, Chicago, IL.
FeeFighters Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: FeeFighters offers a free service and requires processors to offer Interchange-plus pricing and no early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: FeeFighters has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: FeeFighters has a “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 0 complaints in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: FeeFighters does not hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With FeeFighters