Host Merchant Services Overview
Payment Processing for a Wide Range of Business Types
Host Merchant Services is a Newark, Delaware-based merchant account provider that serves a variety of business types. The company is well-suited for most general business types and some high risk merchants. The company has become one of the top-rated merchant services providers on CPO. The company’s products and services include point-of-sale solutions (with specific packages for the restaurant, salon, professional service, and contractor sectors), online marketing tools, an online payment gateway and virtual terminal, mobile credit card processing, gift and loyalty programs, merchant cash advance, and offshore merchant accounts. Host Merchant Services specializes in e-commerce businesses and provides a free website and email address to new merchants who require them.
Host Merchant Services has received only positive feedback on public forums, with most reviewers singling out the company’s customer service for praise. Host offers interchange-plus pricing with no early termination fees to all of its merchants, meaning that users will enjoy the most transparent pricing model and can cancel service without penalty.
Host Merchant Services Location and Ownership
Company founder and CEO Lou Honick got his start in the web hosting industry by launching, owning, and operating HostMySite.com from 1997 until its acquisition by a private equity firm in 2008. Host Merchant Services is headquartered at 250 Corporate Blvd., Suite L, Newark, Delaware. The company is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, California.
Host Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Host Merchant Services offers a month-to-month contract with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Host Merchant Services has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Host Merchant Services has an “A+” rating and has received 1 complaint and 2 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the BBB since 2011.
- Sales & Marketing: Host Merchant Services hires independent sales representatives and has received only one complaint about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Host Merchant Services
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.