Ignite Payments Overview
Updated 1/18/2019: Ignite Payments is now CardConnect (cardconnect.com). Some preexisting sub-ISOs of Ignite Payments have retained the “Ignite Payments” brand, but they now belong to the First Data/CardConnect family of corporations. Please see our CardConnect review for up-to-date information about this company.
Ignite Payments (ignitepayments.com) is a wholly owned subsidiary of First Data devoted specifically to reselling First Data merchant accounts through independent sales channels. Established as the result of a rebranding effort in June 2013, Ignite Payments appears to be another iteration of the First Data Independent Sales brand, much like Cardservice International. In fact, it appears that some Ignite Payments offices may also do business as Cardservice International. Although most Ignite Payments websites appear to clearly disclose the company’s relationship to First Data, merchants should be aware that all Ignite Payments offices are simply independent resellers of First Data’s merchant services. As a result, Ignite Payments has multiple websites and locations in operation under its name. Here’s a partial list:
- ignitepaymentsmiramar.com (San Diego, California)
- ignitepaymentsassociates.com (Vermont)
- ignitepaymentsucommerce.com (Ignite Payments Universal Commerce)
- ignitepayusa.com (Camarillo, California)
- instamerchant.com (Gilbert, Arizona)
All of these Ignite Payments locations (and, it is likely, all Ignite Payments locations in existence) are registered ISOs/MSPs of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California. They are also all likely under different ownership.
- Sales & Marketing: Ignite Payments hires independently contracted sales representatives and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: Ignite Payments offers variable contract terms through First Data that may include long-term equipment leases and early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: Ignite Payments and its various DBAs have received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Ignite Payments (as First Data) has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 1,045 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Ignite Payments
Ignite Payments Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your Ignite Payments merchant account statement. Not with Ignite Payments? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any credit card processing statement. We've already found $1,156,834 in hidden fees this year! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.