First Data’s Equipment Lease Division
First Data Global Leasing is the credit card processing equipment leasing branch of First Data (now Fiserv), one of the world’s largest merchant account providers. The company sells its own First Data (Fiserv)-branded credit card terminals as well as Clover products, PIN pads, mobile swipers, carrying cases, chargers, paper and ink supplies, and payment gateway software.
With First Data’s recent money-laundering lawsuit and acquisition by Fiserv, First Data Global Leasing’s public presence has been greatly reduced. Most FDGL branded web links have been redirected to another First Data site or are no longer working, as is the case with their customer-care site once located at fdglcustomercare.com.
Partnered With a Large Network of Resellers
FDGL sells its equipment leases through a vast network of independent sales offices and agents, most of whom use other business names and are free to set their own contract terms and pricing for the equipment. As a result, merchants who lease from First Data (Fiserv) are often confused over which company is actually providing the equipment. These merchants should understand that First Data (Fiserv) is ultimately supplying the leased equipment, and they will most likely need to deal with First Data (Fiserv) rather than their merchant account provider for all leasing-related matters.
First Data Global Leasing Point of Sale
First Data Global Leasing particularly focuses on selling the First Data (Fiserv) point-of-sale systems, the primary of which is the Clover family of products. These include the Clover Station Solo and Duo (large-screen terminals with a printer), the wireless Clover flex, the tablet-sized Clover Mini, the Clover Go mobile swiper, and the Clover virtual terminal. They additionally offer the FD150 and RP10 pin pads as well as selections from Verifone.
First Data Global Leasing Location and Ownership
First Data (Fiserv) is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA; Deutsche Bank AG, New York, NY; BBVA USA, Birmingham, AL; MVB Bank, Fairmont, WV; and MetaBank, Sioux Falls, SD. While the Fiserv headquarters is at the Wisconsin address listed above, it appears the old First Data buildings are still in operation. As such, the former First Data headquarters at 2900 Westside Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30004 is likely still in use by the company’s processing division.
Frank Bisignano currently serves as the president and CEO of Fiserv/First Data.
First Data Global Leasing Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: First Data Global Leasing offers multi-year equipment leases that cannot be canceled without paying out the full cost of the lease term.
- Complaints & Service: First Data Global Leasing has received more than 600 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: First Data Global Leasing does not have its own listing with the Better Business Bureau. However, its parent company First Data has an “A-” rating with the BBB and has received 697 complaints and 284 reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: First Data Global Leasing allows independent sales representatives to sell its leases and has received hundreds of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Can Avoid Unfavorable Lease Terms With First Data Global Leasing