First Data’s Equipment Lease Division
First Data Global Leasing is the credit card processing equipment leasing branch of First Data, one of the world’s largest merchant account providers. The company sells its own First Data-branded credit card terminals as well as Clover products, PIN pads, mobile swipers, carrying cases, chargers, paper and ink supplies, and payment gateway software.
With First Data’s recent money laundering lawsuit and acquisition by Fiserv, First Data Global Leasing’s public presence has been greatly reduced. Most FDGL branded web links have been redirected to another First Data site or are no longer working as is the case with their customer care site once located at fdglcustomercare.com.
Partnered With a Large Network of Resellers
FDGL sells its equipment leases through a vast network of independent sales offices and agents, most of whom use other business names and are free to set their own contract terms and pricing for the equipment. As a result, merchants who lease from First Data are often confused over which company is actually providing the equipment. These merchants should understand that First Data is ultimately supplying the leased equipment, and they will most likely need to deal with First Data rather than their merchant account provider for all leasing-related matters.
First Data Global Leasing Location and Ownership
First Data is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA; Deutsche Bank AG, New York, NY; BBVA USA, Birmingham, AL; and MetaBank, Sioux Falls, SD. Frank Bisignano is the CEO of First Data whose headquarters are located at 5565 Glenridge Connector, NE Atlanta, GA.
First Data Global Leasing Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: First Data Global Leasing offers multi-year equipment leases that cannot be cancelled without paying out the full cost of the lease term.
- Complaints & Service: First Data Global Leasing has received more than 600 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: First Data Global Leasing has an “B” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 805 complaints and over 100 negative reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: First Data Global Leasing allows independent sales representatives to sell its leases and has received hundreds of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Can Avoid Unfavorable Lease Terms With First Data Global Leasing