First Data Global Leasing (FDGL – firstdata.com/fdgl) is the credit card processing equipment leasing branch of First Data, one of the world’s largest direct credit card processors. The company sells its own First Data-branded credit card terminals as well as PIN pads, mobile swipers, carrying cases, chargers, paper and ink supplies, and payment gateway software.
FDGL sells its equipment leases through a vast network of independent sales offices and agents, most of whom use other business names and are free to set their own contract terms and pricing for the equipment. As a result, merchants who lease from First Data are often confused over which company is actually providing the equipment. These merchants should understand that First Data is ultimately supplying the leased equipment, and they will most likely need to deal with First Data rather than their merchant account provider for all leasing-related matters. Frank Bisignano is the CEO of First Data.
- Sales & Marketing: First Data Global Leasing allows independent sales representatives to sell its leases and has received hundreds of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: First Data Global Leasing offers multi-year equipment leases that cannot be cancelled without paying out the full cost of the lease term.
- Complaints & Service: First Data Global Leasing has received more than 550 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: First Data Global Leasing does not have a dedicated Better Business Bureau profile at this time.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Can Avoid Unfavorable Lease Terms With First Data Global Leasing