Clover POS Overview
Clover POS May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Clover POS or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
All-In-One POS Systems
Launched in 2012, Clover is a lineup of Android point-of-sale products offered by First Data. Clover was originally founded as an independent tablet-based POS provider in 2010, but it merged with First Data in 2012 and has since become the company’s flagship point-of-sale product.
Clover Network Product Offerings
In addition to the original tablet-based Clover Station POS system, Clover has added Clover Go (an EMV-compatible mobile card reader), Clover Mini (a smaller tablet-based POS system), Clover Mobile (a mobile tablet-based POS system), and Clover Flex (a mobile reader with a printer attachment). All Clover POS products are cloud-based and therefore will require the use of an on-site internet connection. Whether purchased directly through First Data or from a reseller, Clover will always come with an attached merchant account.
Clover POS Headquarters and Ownership
Frank Bisignano is the chairman and CEO of First Data, while John Beatty is the co-founder and CEO of Clover. Multiple sources list the company’s address as 415 N Mathilda Ave, Sunnyvale, California 94085.
Clover Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Clover’s costs and contract terms will vary from reseller to reseller.
- Complaints & Service: Clover has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Clover has a “D” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 6 complaints and 1 review in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Clover itself does not engage in misleading sales tactics, but transparency will vary from reseller to reseller.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Deal On Clover.
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.