All-In-One POS Systems
Launched in 2012, Clover is a lineup of Android point-of-sale products offered by First Data (now Fiserv). Clover was originally founded as an independent tablet-based POS provider in 2010, but it merged with First Data in 2012 and has since become the company’s flagship point-of-sale product.
Clover Point of Sale
In addition to the original tablet-based Clover Station POS system, Clover has added Clover Go (an EMV-compatible mobile card reader), Clover Mini (a smaller tablet-based POS system), Clover Mobile (a mobile tablet-based POS system), and Clover Flex (a mobile reader with a printer attachment). The Clover Station comes in the Solo and Duo options, with the Duo having a customer-facing tablet in addition to the employee-facing tablet. All Clover card readers are cloud-based and therefore will require the use of an on-site internet connection. Whether purchased directly through First Data or from a reseller, Clover will always come with an attached merchant account.
Clover POS Headquarters and Ownership
Frank Bisignano is the chairman and CEO of First Data (a part of Fiserv), while John Beatty was the co-founder and CEO of Clover before acquisition, though it appears he may have stepped away from the company. Multiple sources list the company’s address as 415 N Mathilda Ave, Sunnyvale, California 94085.
Clover Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Clover’s costs and contract terms will vary from reseller to reseller.
- Complaints & Service: Clover has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Clover does not currently have a profile with the Better Business Bureau.
- Sales & Marketing: Clover itself does not engage in misleading sales tactics, but transparency will vary from reseller to reseller.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Deal On Clover.